Are you effectively marketing tourism in your area for long-term benefits? The tourism industry contains an eclectic mix of innovative marketing concepts for the historic, amusement, tropical, entertainment and seasonal destinations. For a destination like Las Vegas, the visitor will expect everything to be grandiose and over the top. Competition is fierce and this is not the place for the faint of heart or timid marketer. Las Vegas is a classic example of a small segment of the city bumping up their assets for the tourism industry. From the hundreds of wedding chapels within hotels and scattered throughout the city, to the entertainment, casinos, local transit system, convention venues and the availability of good food, the Las Vegas flavor and showmanship appeals to our precarious appetite.
No matter where a traveler goes, once they reach their destination, they are probably exhausted from the trip and ready to make a beeline to their hotel room, and then grab a bite to eat. The tourism and hospitality industries can work hand in hand to produce a win-win situation for all partners.
At Check-in, this is the ideal time for your Registration or Front Desk Associate to offer a pamphlet or booklet of resources, eateries and things to do, so that your guests can look through it at their leisure. Here is a list of 5 successful tips to help you market your tourism industry: best attraction Sentosa singapore
1. The complimentary pamphlet or booklet could serve a duo purpose: (a) as an official guide to the city and (b) to serve as a key jacket for the guest’s room key. Things to include on this pamphlet or booklet can contain discount coupons to restaurants indicating different price levels, types of cuisine, dress codes, etc.
2. Have a transit map of the stops, pickup points and fares for monorails, buses, trolleys and subways. This will help visitors know if they need to purchase a pass or have the exact change for transportation.
3. All travelers will not have an iPhone or Android, so a 3D map pinpointing where restaurants, visitor centers, sights, entertainment, sightseeing tours, pharmacies, stores, shops, museums art galleries, theaters, aquariums or where botanical gardens are located is a big helpmate. Including a phone number or address with this information is also helpful and easy to navigate for the visitor.
4. Look at the demographics of the visitors who come to your area and highlight things that may be of interest to them. For example, if a family visits an area, you want to spotlight family oriented activities and affordable family places to eat.
5. Work with the media to have events, attractions or restaurant reviews featured. Videos and photography makes your advertisements visually engaging. Many hotels and restaurants are making their social media networks available with downloadable apps for Smartphones, Apple iPhones, Androids and tablet computers.